Specialist, Customer Demand Planner
Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Specialist, Customer Demand Planner
The Specialist, Customer Demand Planner is an exciting role in supply chain which will oversee the process from forecasting to order fulfillment, for assigned region/customer base. It is a role which works closely with customers, sales, operations, logistics and other partners to establish accurate sales forecasts. The Specialist will be responsible for demand planning through trend analysis, gap analysis, predictive modeling, analysis of historical sales performance, inventory levels, promotional plans and market intelligence.The Specialist working with sales must ensure appropriate product allocation for timely fulfillment of orders.
- Responsible for account level forecast, Collaborative Planning Forecast and Replenishment (CPFR) Analysis and Purchase Sales Inventory (PSI) Analysis
- Attend the weekly CPFR meeting with inventory analysts, customer and sales representative (Review of Purchase Order Submission, order forecast, product transition and account issues etc.)
- Responsible for Drop Order (DO) creation, allocation, back order reports and order monitoring
- Monitor historical sales trend and inventory level to provide Sell Thru and Sell In forecast using Samsung internal systems
- Work with 3 rd party logistics to help coordinate direct and hub shipments (On Time Delivery appointment issues)
- Report issues and gaps to account managers and perform root cause analysis for resolution
- KPI Monitoring and Analysis (Sales, aging, forecast accuracy, inventory management, weeks of supply)
- Minimize Compliance Charges, and participate in post-audit reviews (as needed)
- Periodic review and optimization of load utilization and transportation modes from factory to customer
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly target analysis and recommend gap closure strategies
- Review appointments relative to Planned Goods Issueds requirements / Update forecast for early or Late Goods Issued
- Weekly and daily Supply Chain Management reporting in support of leadership and internal stakeholders
- Support the standardization and implementation of Supply Chain Management operating procedures
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3 years' experience in a relevant field preferred
- Must have strong Microsoft office skills, especially in PowerPoint and Excel
- Prior experience with Supply Chain Management and inventory management is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact comfortably with a wide range of levels in organizations: from senior executives to support staff within and outside of the company
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Process improvement skills
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.