Sr. Specialist, Marketing Vendor Management
Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Sr. Specialist, Marketing Vendor Procurement
This position will be responsible for marketing vendor sourcing, negotiation of procurement costs, and terms and conditions for assigned projects. This role will also be involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as spend analysis and vendor management. Will be responsible for supporting all sourcing related activities and companywide commitments including the review, negotiation, and acquisition of the targeted spend categories.
- Performs purchasing activities in compliance with procurement standards, controls, and ethical business practices.
- Assists in the communication of purchasing policies and practices to relevant groups of employees, customers, and internal business units.
- Prepares and presents reports providing information to identify purchasing requirements, and communicates and reports performance against plans and business objectives.
- Perform complex data analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities in order to generate cost savings for categories managed.
- Manages projects and activities to ensure conformance to plans and the timely and effective achievement of results.
- Work with business owners to capture details for RFPs. Works closely with internal stakeholders and will attend all related meetings
- Manage RFP processes with minimal support, start-to-finish, for simple-to-medium complexity projects (to include market research, RFP development, management of bid communications, manage stakeholder involvement, etc.).
- Resolve purchasing and procurement related issues and discrepancies, to include, but not limited to problems and issues between accounting and vendors.
- Review contracts to assess for potential sourcing project opportunities.
- Identifies costs, plans, schedules, and performance of procurement activities in accordance with business project schedules and plans.
- Support adoption of and drive sustainable savings and sourcing processes within bid management system.
- University degree (Business Administration, Marketing or Commerce) preferred
- Have 3-5 years purchasing experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sourcing/Procurement Systems; including adaptability to complex system, such as bid management, performance management, purchasing and accounts.
- Managing projects and the ability to assess impact of a given project; planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple complex assignments and projects.
- In-depth use and knowledge of MS, Excel Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Negotiating skills & Highly developed communication & relationship skills.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.