Customer Service Manager
Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
Customer Service Manager
30,000 - 32,000 Depending on experience + benefits
About the role:
Are you an experienced Customer Service Manager?
Do you have strong people management skills?
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Customer Service Manager to join our TV Licensing Partnership working in Darwen, Lancashire. The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting Team Leaders in order to ensure the effective management of the operational department and the achievement of business objectives.
Hours/Shifts are Monday to Thursday 11am - 9pm.
About Capita | Customer Management:
The TVL Partnership works on behalf of one of the most respected and recognised brands in the World and is responsible for the administration of the TV Licence in the UK. We have over 25 million customers and collect over 3.7 billion every year.
Capita Customer Management is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide first-class customer services for other organisations and companies by phone, email, web and more. Our contact centres are home to thousands of customer service advisors, sales colleagues, collections agents and Back Office processing staff. With more than 14,500 colleagues across 19 contact centres in the UK, India, Poland and South Africa, we manage customers for a range of big name clients like O2, Volkswagen Group, British Gas, RSPCA and William Hill amongst others.
What you will do:
- Ensure business objectives are achieved through the effective management of SLA's, KPI's and revenue targets
- Actively promote and manage continuous improvements in business processes across the TV Licensing operation
- Manage departmental Team Leaders, ensuring that performance, behaviour and conduct targets are achieved
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the operational department against business targets, in order to ensure that KPI, revenue and business goals are achieved
- Create and sustain a positive team environment, displaying high levels of motivation and driving communication across the department
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the operational department, increasing its effectiveness and efficiency by driving continual process improvements to achieve business goals and maximise customer service
- Take responsibility for the development of all Team Leaders, ensuring that their skills and knowledge are kept up-to-date and relevant, and that their behaviours are managed in accordance with Capita guidelines, promoting professional workplace behaviours at all times
- Support Team Leaders in managing all aspects of attendance, performance and behaviours within the operational department
- Monitor monthly performance levels, ensuring that appropriate plans are in place to manage under performance
- Monitor trends in order to identify where business improvements can be made, taking ownership for problems found and the solutions.
- Promote a coaching culture, ensuring that development activity in support of business objectives is taking place across the operational department on a monthly basis, and coaching and 1-2-1 activity is completed and recorded correctly.
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience working within a similar contact centre based customer service management position
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- The ability to motivate and drive high levels of performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to persuade and influence
- Results oriented, with the ability to understand and interpret statistical information, and the ability to make strong and rational decisions
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Confident and self-motivated
- Solution-focused approach to problem solving
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.