Loan Middle-Office - Leveraged Finance
Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than 5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing. To that end, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
Overall purpose of role:
To work as part of a team responsible for the management and administration of Barclays' EMEA Investment Bank Loans Portfolio
Act as the principal contact point for Agents, Borrowers, Lawyers and internal stakeholders (Leveraged Finance, Banking, Execution, Credit, Portfolio Management, Internal Legal, Compliance, and internal Legal) in relation with the on-going management of Leveraged Finance transactions.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Manage the amendment and waiver process for EMEA leveraged transactions, coordinating the firm's response to the client. Liaise with Agents, Borrowers, external counsels and internal stakeholders (Leveraged Finance, Credit, Portfolio Management, Banking, Internal Legal, Operations and other areas) as necessary in relation with the approval and documentation of the request. Ensure internal systems are updated accordingly.
- Onboard new leveraged finance transactions in the portfolio for on-going monitoring
- Participate in the production of quarterly financial analysis focusing on covenant compliance and financial performance.
- Assist team lead with oversight and governance of off-shore resources and 3rd party analytics provider involved in the monitoring of the Portfolio
- Handle ad-hoc queries on deals in the Portfolio
Risk and Control:
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
- Strong understanding of legal documentation related to Leveraged Finance transactions.
- Strong underlying credit skills with leveraged finance experience
- Strong financial analysis background and modelling skills
- The monitoring of the portfolio requires the ability to process large quantity of financial information across a large portfolio and efficiently direct the work of third party analytics providers.
- Ability to prioritise and work calmly using own initiative, frequently to tight deadlines, with a varied/heavy workload.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Experience of working with and managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with borrowers at senior management level