Claims Centre Manager
Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
As part of the Claims Function, and reporting to the Head of Claims Operations, the role of Claims Centre Manager is to lead, motivate, develop, and deliver overall operational performance, strategic direction, service excellence and best practice in compliance with Guidelines laid down through the Claims Control Framework. This should include driving a High Performance Culture within the team, with the continuous improvement of behaviours for all staff.
The jobholder will, at various times, act for the Insured and Insurer. The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case. They will also be required to comply with all relevant industry and regulatory legislation.
- Ensure all direct reports deliver upon their agreed objectives
- Provide quality operational leadership and demonstrate role model behaviours at all times
- Lead, support, motivate and develop a team of claims professionals in delivering outstanding claims service.
- Provide support, coaching and appraisals to direct reports to drive a high performance culture
- Manage team performance to ensure delivery of agreed personal and team targets and KPIs, including delivery of agreed SLA's.
- Deliver effective and proactive communications when negotiating, focusing on claims resolution to optimise settlement times
- Deliver a customer centric claims proposition that will enhance the Towergate reputation/brand.
- Contribute towards overall strategy and link to the setting of standards and targets
- To manage the provision of performance and operational MI to the central claims team within specified timescales
- To manage the provision of monthly updates to the Towergate Claims Technical Manager on subrogation, fraud and QA (eg MI reporting, actions planning and best practice)
- Ensure the accuracy of reserves in line with the Company reserving philosophy (with support from the Claims Technician where present)
- Identify and deliver possible opportunities for improvement in processes, learning and systems
- Ensure that training and development of all claims staff is of the highest standards and that all staff have Performance Development Plans in place and are regularly reviewed by their Supervisor
- Drive the development of technical talent and talent pools within the claims department
- Ensure the Claims function complies with Towergate best practice, philosophies and standards, and Governance requirements in conjunction with Central Claims, and as detailed in the Claims Control Framework
- Ensure that all regulatory obligations, legal requirements and company procedures and service level agreements are met
- Ensure that all business processes are followed, including HR related processes
- Manage/undertake ad-hoc projects and initiatives
- Represent the department in meetings with internal/external stakeholders and Service Providers
- Support the Underwriting function in the acquiring and retention of business by way of client meetings/presentations.
- Oversight and accountability for delivering for our customers by full compliance with the Towergate Complaint Management process
Skills and experience required:
- Engaging and effective leader of people
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate product lines
- Thorough knowledge of UK claims, market practices and legislation
- Ability to correctly interpret policy cover, and assist others to make the correct decision
- High level knowledge of internal governance procedures and requirements.
- Ability to apply a high level of self-management.
- Enthusiasm and passion for strong customer service
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills
- ACII/FCII qualified, or significant progression towards