Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
The Whitecap Dakota First Nation (WDFN) is a modern and progressive First Nation with a proud history, culture and a strong sense of community.
We have a great opportunity for a Health Manager to identify and implement strategies to support the integration of health services between the Whitecap Dakota First Nation (WDFN) and the Saskatoon Health Region (SHR).
Working in accordance with the vision, mission and strategic directions of both partners, the Health Manager will be responsible for all health and social-related administrative functions, program and policy development, personnel duties and staffing. The Health Manager will also focus on supporting primary health and chronic disease management quality improvement initiatives and project/programs, based on Whitecap's Community Health Plan.
For this role, we are seeking someone with a post-secondary degree in Health Sciences or Human Services discipline such as B.S.W., or Public Administration. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing is considered an asset, as is current registration with the SRNA (or eligible for SRNA registration). In addition, the successful candidate will also demonstrate:
* A minimum of 5 years experience in management of Health and Social Development programming with First Nation experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to develop, assess, implement and evaluate strategies to meet Community Health and Social Development needs
* Professional experience working effectively with First Nation individuals, groups, families, and communities would be an asset
* Awareness of First Nation values, culture and traditions
* Effective written and oral skills; excellent documentation and record keeping skills; working knowledge of PC software applications
* A valid drivers license and a reliable vehicle and,
* Must have a clear CPIC (Canadian Criminal Records Check)
For full details and to apply, please visit http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/85782
Whitecap Development Corporation