DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Quick Summary of this Job
Subscribe for Alerts
As our DevOps Engineer based in Hamburg, you will be part of a tight-knit Agile Scrum team, who is working on a microservice-based architecture for our new ePages e-commerce platform.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our applications' build, release, deployment, and configuration activities, as well as helping to automate and streamlining our operations and processes. With your keenness in open source technologies and tools, you will also build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, along with troubleshooting and resolving issues in our development, test and production environments.
You will create and optimize Dockerfiles and Kubernetes manifests for our GCE environments. For local development you will create docker-compose configurations to support our custom Java and Node.js application.Your profile
You are a passionate developer with strong interest in deployment or a system administrator with enthusiasm for coding.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, preferably you have experience with GCE, Kubernetes and Docker.
- High level knowledge of MySQL or other databases (SQL or NoSQL) is essential.
- Experience working with asynchronous messaging (RabbitMQ or other AMQP broker).
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- You have the ability to conceptualise and think both critically and creatively.
- You are analytically minded and like to be challenged.
- Passionate about your work, constantly open to better yourself and learn new technologies.
- You are a team player who enjoys communicating and collaborating with others.
- You have excellent English writing and speaking proficiency.
- You have worked in a Test-Driven Development or Continuous Delivery environment.
- Familiar with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Familiarity with log aggregation solutions (e.g. Kibana, Logstash, Fluentd, Graylog, Splunk).
- Familiarity with metrics and analytics gathering (e.g. Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus).
- Familiarity with Spring Cloud and Netflix OSS tools (e.g. Config Server, Sleuth, Zipkin, Hystrix, Zuul).
- Familiarity with Git.
- Computer of your choice (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Using the latest tech stack and industry tools
- Individual budget for barcamps, meetups, conferences and technical trainings
- Attending internal and external hackathons
- Assistance with relocation or visa issues
- Flexible working hours
- An international team
- Employer Pension Fund
- Regular team events
- Many other benefits such as lunch coupons, transport card allowance, contribution for private use of the internet, free fruit and drinks
Is this the job you are looking for? Then just click here to apply online.
In addition, we would like to get an impression of you in action, therefore please send us proof of work, such as a link to your live portfolio, GitHub, or Stackoverflow.
If you have any questions, just send an email to our recruiter, Serena Tansil, via or call 0.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!About ePages
ePages, , is a leading provider of online shop software and the largest independent provider in Europe based on license revenue. ePages aims to be the white label expert brand of choice for e-commerce in the service provider space. Currently, over 140,000 companies in 75 countries and 15 languages run online shops based on ePages.
ePages specializes in servicing the SMB sector via web hosting providers, as well as ERP-vendors, telecommunications, and logistics companies. Among the partners are Europe's top hosting companies such as 1&1, Strato, Host Europe, Arsys, Dada Group and Aruba.